So yesterday I was FINALLY able to see Rogue One. I took this with the blue light of my TV cuz….probably it was the benedryl I took, but still.
So, this took my family off guard.
The opening doesn’t play the usual “where we are in time” thing and it makes sensemble after you see the whole movie because they wanted it to be a surprise of how this all connects.
I remember people wondering if the woman who plays Rae was the daughter of the woman in this movie and I got to the end and thought “Well, that’s a NOPE.”
Also getting to the end I was actually quite surprised that I wasn’t upset. Usually if even one good charachter dies I’m crying or droning on about unfairness, but this movie was played so well for me that it all made sense for a long run thing.
We’re their gaps in the movie? Probably. I am not the one to notice these things though. I enjoy things for what they are in the same way that I am not always eating a Lawry’s meal every night. Even if I did, I don’t like steak enough and it is for special occasions with 2-7 year spacing in between. Sometimes I just want ramen and other times I will have the usual tacos. Point is that this movie was a solid meal that I was pleased with and connected the universe in a good…if not heartbreaking way.
- I did not like Diego Luna. The minute you kill a co-conspirato, I’m done.
- The trailers played Jyn Erso as a very different ‘me against the world” type so I was just expecting a harder character.
- Could have done without Saw Gerrera…he was just stupid weird to me. Like who he was with the pilot versus Jyn was two different people and not in the way that my dad is one way with me and a different way with his students. This was like split personality different.
- I really should have seen this in theaters. The scenery was so epic and I missed out.
- The CGI was off the hook for once!
- Being surprised by the film.
- Watching a historic/brand new/timey wimpy “Great Escape” that makes things make a lot more sense.
- Chirrut Imwe-Donnie Yen…no more needs to be said for this man.
- K-2SO….I need him. Alan Tudykusually scares the heck out of me, but this time I wanted a whole other movie just with his sass. Where can I get his action figure that just sasses?
- Also I liked Jyn’s character better than I though it was going to be I just didn’t like that it was so different in the trailers.
So this is my review. On the whole, I liked it and if they make more like this I would appreciate them.
….even though if it is about Palpatine…I will have mixed feelings….like a lot. (Can’t stand his creepiness.)
Off to watch the Blacklist!